Welcome :)

Hi there! :)
It's Polka dots and I'm the creator of this blog (obviously)
If you were wondering what the blories and all the random short stories and letters are, they were school assignments.
I'm happy that you came to see my blog and I hope you like it!
P.S. I tend to update sporadically so if you want to see me updating more regularly comment on one of my posts so I can remember that I actually have a blog. =P
Toodlez!

Sunday, August 22, 2010

DIY : My new obsession

Hehehe...
So recently since it is summer vacation I have been bored out of my mind. The only solution that I have found that worked for me, since I am an otaku and a nerd, was to prowl YouTube looking for interesting videos, do math work assigned by my parents, and read manga. (I became desperate earlier in the summer and started making friendship bracelets in order to alleviate my boredom.)
Since going on YouTube and looking at videos (mainly nail stuff and DIY) is oh so interesting and I could do it for hours, I decided to try making an off shoulder top. (Partly so I wouldn`t kill my eyes by staring at the computer screen all day long.)
I was inspired by ThreadBanger`s t-shirt madness contest thing (I know its old) and the numerous t-shirt recons/surgeries that were everywhere. I also really liked Rebbsews`s many creations, and Secretlifeofabionerd`s stuff (although I wish she didn`t take down her older videos because I liked a lot of them.) So I might be taking more shirts and cutting them apart to make more one of a kind additions to my wardrobe.
Surprisingly the t-shirt actually turned out quite cute and I really like it. It looks great with a belt or a necklace and I`m making a corset to go with it as well.
I used two plain t-shirts that I stole from my brother because I don`t really have that many large tops. The grey one was just for little bits (the braided strap and drawstrings) and making bows so you could use scraps if you want. The hemming sucks because this is my first time sewing and doing this kind of stuff. But as long as my hair covers the less appealing parts and nobody looks to closely, I think I am going to be loving this top. :)
Oh, and BTW I have gotten into DIY now so i`ll probably be posting more pictures of my creations and stuff like that.
Anyways, here are the pictures.
Before
After
The look from the front
The braided strap
The gathered side
=D

No comments:

Post a Comment